Serving Chicago, North and North-west suburbs since 1994
Expert installation of Piano Life-saver systems( Dampp-Chaser)
The system provides a consistent climate, keeping the humidity level constant year round in any climate or environment. The Piano Life Saver is installed out of sight, inside the piano. Models are available for Grand Pianos, Baby Grands, and Upright pianos.
The Piano Life Saver System:
- Stabilizes piano tuning, maintaining pitch and markedly extending the life of piano tunings
- Minimizes the expansion and contraction of action parts which provides optimum touch and predictable keyboard control
- Prevents rust on the strings and metal parts
- Minimizes felt deterioration, reducing the harsh tones that come from flattened hammer felt in low humidity or the muffled tones from swollen hammer felt in high humidity
- Minimizes glue failure throughout the piano
- Protects your investment year after year
The Piano Life Saver System is made up of basic components which work together to control internal piano humidity levels, maintaining the recommended relative humidity and climate no matter what the external conditions are.
Through a cycling action, the Humidistat is calibrated to create a separate environment within the piano, producing a narrow range of average humidity. When the Humidistat, located less than an inch from the soundboard, senses that the wood is dry, it turns the Humidifier on. Then, when the Humidifier has provided enough moisture to the soundboard, the Humidistat turns off the Humidifier and turns on the Dehumidifier. The Dehumidifier carries away moisture from the soundboard on air currents until the Humidistat senses that the soundboard is dry. The System again switches to the humidifying function. The cycle continues day after day, year after year, protecting your piano from external conditions.